Extra-curricular Italian Courses
Since September 2018 La Scuola Italiana a Londra has been offering Italian Language and culture courses organised with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and in collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in London.
These courses are aimed at all the children attending Primary and Secondary School years and are divided into:
– Primary Y1-Y2 / Level: beginner-sufficient or good-advanced
– Primary Y3-Y4 / Level: beginner-sufficient or good-advanced
– Primary Y5-Y6 / Level: beginner-sufficient or good-advanced
– Secondary Intermediate – Medio
– Secondary GCSE exam preparation
– Secondary A level exam preparation
When and where they take place
Courses are mainly held in schools in the South of England.
A school year will start every September and will end in June for a total amount of 33 lessons.
£250 per pupil for Primary and Secondary Intermediate courses (Medio) and £300 per pupil for GCSE and A-Level courses (with a 10% discount for siblings) that covers the course for the full year.
There is also an annual registration fee of £10 per family.
The fee is paid in 2 instalments:
Primary and Secondary Intermediate courses (Medio)
- £100 (+£10 annual membership) at registration
- £150 by the 10th of January 2020
GCSE and A-Level courses
- £120 (+£10 annual membership) at registration
- £180 by the 10th of January 2020
Your first payment will be processed and you will receive an email with your receipt attached.
This is an annual course. By registering you child/children and paying the first instalment, you agree to your child attending the course for the full year. The annual fee is considered settled when both instalments have been paid, irrespective of course attendance. No refund or compensation is available for non attendance.
To ensure the start of the courses the following conditions must exist:
- The venue must have given its availability for the entire school year, and meet the minimum requirements of Health and Safety;
- The course must reach a minimum number of students.
If the course is not activated (insufficient number of students and appropriate Health & Safety standards not confirmed) the Managing Body will contact you and suggest another active course nearby. You can then choose to accept or reject the proposal.
If you decline the proposal, you will get a full refund.
Please note that the price of books is not included in the annual fee.