ITALIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURAL COURSES
At the end of July 2018, La Scuola Italiana a Londra, a Charity recognised by the British Charity Commission (No. 1119966), made itself available to become the Managing Body of Italian language and culture courses in the consular district of London (South England and Wales); courses organised with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
The ordinary activity of the Managing Body takes place with the support and supervision of the General Consulate of Italy in London and of its School Office, and consists in the management of the following two types of courses: integrated courses and extra-curricular courses.
INTEGRATED LANGUAGE COURSES
The integrated courses are Italian language and culture courses that take place during school hours and the teaching is included in the English school system. Currently there are collaborations with several educational institutions both in the London area and in the Cardiff area (as part of a project promoted by the Welsh Government, called “Global Features").
Parents who wish to report a school interested in introducing integrated courses (Italian in the school curriculum during school hours) can write to the School Office of the General Consulate of Italy in London by visiting their website: http: //ufficioscolasticolondra.altervista .org /.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR LANGUAGE COURSES
The extra-curricular language courses are Italian language courses that are held within the school structure, outside the normal school hours.
These courses attract a fee paid by the families, whose contribution is essential to ensure the best outcome of educational activities.
The courses are aimed at all the children attending Primary and Secondary School years and are divided into:
– Primary Y1-Y2 / Level: beginner-sufficient
– Primary Y3-Y4 / Level: beginner-sufficient
– Primary Y5-Y6 / Level: beginner-sufficient
– Primary Y1-Y2 / Level: good-advanced
– Primary Y3-Y4 / Level: good-advanced
– Primary Y5-Y6 / Level: good-advanced
– Secondary Intermediate
– Secondary GCSE exam preparation
– Secondary A level exam preparation
La Scuola Italiana a Londra offers 3 courses for the Secondary School students. At this link all the information.
When and where they take place:
Courses are mainly held in schools in the South of England, they will start in October 2018 and end in June 2019.
An annual fee of £250 per pupil (with a 10% discount for siblings) covers the course for the full year. There is also an annual membership fee of £10 per family.
The fee is paid in 3 instalments: £85 (+£10 annual membership) at registration, £85 before the 1st of January 2019 and £80 before the 1st April 2019.
This is an annual course. By registering you child/children and paying the first instalment, you agree to your child attending the course for the full year.
The annual fee is considered settled when all three instalments have been paid, irrespective of course attendance. No refund or compensation is available for non attendance.
[The price of books is not included in the annual fee]
Payment for extra-curricular courses is made on this site.
To ensure the start of the courses the following conditions must exist:
– The location must have given its availability for the entire school year, and meet the minimum requirements of “health and safety"
– The course must reach a minimum number of students
- On the next page you will fill in an enrollment form where you can choose the course of interest (location, type of course and level of your child). You can enroll more children during a single sign-up process.
- Your first payment will be temporarily withheld (approximately 7 days) until the availability of the course is verified.
- When the course becomes active (sufficient number of students and appropriate Health & Safety standards confirmed), your credit card payment will be processed and you will receive an email with your receipt attached.
- If the course is not activated, the Managing Body will contact you and suggest another active course nearby. You can then choose to accept or reject the proposal. If you accept, your payment will be processed and an e-mail with your invoice will be sent to you to confirm the registration. If you decline the proposal, the payment will not be processed.