The school is growing and we decided to improve our marketing and communication skills. We are looking for a MARKETING COORDINATOR based in London, who wants to join our fantastic team from this June till December 2018.
Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Assignment period: Jun to Dec 2018 (Temp, possibility to continue as Temp/Perm/Part -time)
About the role
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for translating SIAL’s ambitious communication objectives into localised marketing plans and executing those plans in full. You will have the full support of the Head Teachers in order to manage a range of marketing activities – online, content and localised advertisements. You will also be involved in a number of key strategic projects to help the business development of the school and to promote the Charity’s additional activities.
– Expand the content of the school and charity websites, using the activities of the school as the main material and inspiration for this content. As part of this task, you will be required to launch a regular blog.
– Update the school social media accounts regularly, maintaining an editorial calendar and producing both the copy and basic visuals accompanying the content.
– Plan and manage a mix of marketing campaigns, including the promotion of afternoon courses, Facebook advertising and email newsletters.
– Support the business development of the school by contacting online publications and associations linked to our target audience (namely parents and carers interested in raising bilingual children) and discussing potential partnerships.
What we are looking for
– Language requirements: native English speaker, with Italian fluency preferred but not required.
– 1+ year of marketing experience, we are open to freelancer contracts, interns or temporary contracts.
– High energy, passion, a positive, can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and an eagerness to learn on the job. There will be little time to stay still as there will always be some fun marketing activity to run.
– Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to deliver in full.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
– Ability to manipulate images (we use www.canva.com).
– Knowledge of WordPress publishing.
– Understanding of web hosting, WordPress plugins, SEO/SEM, Facebook Advertising, Email Marketing Tools (i.e. MailChimp) is preferred, but not required.
What we can offer
– A fantastic environment. SIAL has around 30 employees, mostly young, energetic and with a passion for children’s education and bilingualism.
– In-depth communication with various organisations, including school societies, education consultancies and commercial organisations throughout the UK and Italy.
– Coaching. The Board member overlooking this job is a Marketing Director with 20 years’ experience and he will be coaching you within this role.
Salary: £10,000-£12,000 (for the period Jun-Dec 2018), depending on experience and skill base.