La Scuola Italiana a Londra aims to prepare children for a world that not only places a high value on educational achievement, but also on artistic flair, social awareness, independence and diversity. Children are given the opportunity to test and develop their talents across a broadly based and academically stimulating curriculum that promotes intellectual, artistic, aesthetic, physical and social development. Extracurricular activities also allow deeper exploration of subjects of particular interest as well as the development of individual skills and talents.
- To ensure that all pupils have the opportunity to learn and make progress.
- To give pupils experience of all forms of education; linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technological, human and social, physical, aesthetic and creative.
- To provide the acquisition of skills in all these areas.
- To ensure that the subject matter is appropriate for all the ages and aptitudes of our students.
- To provide learning support to those children who require input to fully access the curriculum.
- To promote moral, social, spiritual and cultural guidance through assemblies, RE teaching, the PSCHE (Personal, Social, Citizenship and Health Education) curriculum and the general ethos of the school.
- To establish a PSCHE curriculum that develops independent thinking skills (eg through Mindlab, P4C, de Bono’s thinking hats), creates a sense of school community (eg through SEAL, Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning) and generates an awareness of the wider world the school fits into (eg through educating children about public institutions).